- Cancellation of orders may be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should a project be cancelled by the Client before completion, the Client must pay for the hours worked on the project thus far in full within 14 days.
- Copyright of all design work is retained by the Designer including copy, concepts, ideas, proofs and illustrations (unless specifically released in writing) until after all invoices have been settled.
- If multiple designs are submitted, only one concept is deemed to be given by the Designer as fulfilling the contract. All other artwork designs remain the property of the Designer, unless agreed in writing.
- By supplying text, images and other data to the Designer for inclusion in the Client’s brochure or other medium, the Client declares that it holds the appropriate copyright and/or trademark permissions. The ownership of such materials will remain with the Client, or rightful copyright or trademark owner.
- Any artwork, images, or text supplied and/or designed by the Designer on behalf of the Client, will remain the property of the Designer and/or its suppliers, excluding Logo design in which full copyright will be passed to the Client upon receipt of full payment (unless stated otherwise).
- Original design files are not provided as standards (except in the case of logo design files). Original design files can be requested, but provision will incur a charge for loss of earnings.
- The Client may request in writing from the Designer, the necessary permission to use materials (for which the Designer holds the copyright) in forms other than for which it was originally supplied, and the Designer may, at their discretion, grant this. Such permission must be obtained in writing before it will allow any of the aforesaid artwork, images, text, or other data to be used.
- By supplying images, text, or any other data to the Designer, the Client grants the Designer permission to use this material freely in the pursuit of the design and to utilise the designs in the Designer’s portfolio unless agreed otherwise. No credit will be given for any images supplied by the Client in any portfolios including print and online.
- Should the Designer, or the Client supply an image, text or any other file for use in a website, multimedia presentation, print item, exhibition, advertisement or any other medium believing it to be copyright and royalty free, which subsequently emerges to have such copyright or royalty usage limitations, the Client will agree to allow the Designer to remove and/or replace the file.
- The Client agrees to fully indemnify and hold the Designer free from harm in any and all claims resulting from the Client not having obtained all the required copyright, and/or any other necessary permissions.
Design Project Duration
- Any indication given by the Designer of a design project’s duration is to be considered by the Client to be an estimation.
- The Designer cannot be held responsible for any project over-runs, whatever the cause.
- The Client agrees to allow the Designer to place a small credit on printed material, exhibition displays, advertisements and/or a link to the Designer’s own website on the Client’s website where appropriate. This will usually be in the form of a small logo or line of text placed towards the bottom of the page.
- The Client also agrees to allow the Designer to place all designs on the Designer’s own website for portfolio and demonstration purposes and to use any designs in its own publicity unless agreed otherwise.
Rights of Refusal
- The Designer will not include in its designs, any text, images or other data which it deems to be immoral, offensive, obscene or illegal.
- All advertising material must conform to all standards laid down by all relevant advertising standards authorities.
Copyright © Emma Dowsett/Pictor Design 2017